There were a few defining cartoons of my childhood, one of them being X-Men the animated series. I remember excitedly running downstairs on Saturday morning to grab a bowl of Lucky Charms and settle in for the cartoon lineup including X-Men. I always wished mutants were real and secretly hoped I was one because what could be cooler than X-Men like powers? I’ve obsessively watched all of the X-Men movies and I’m so excited for the new Dark Phoenix to hit theaters this week. To celebrate both the movie and the fact that it’s cherry season, I’m sharing my really easy to make and incredibly delicious Dark Phoenix Cherry Pie recipe.
Dark Phoenix Cherry Pie Recipe
Summer is here, blockbuster movies are coming out left and right, and cherries are in season! This pie is so simple to make, requires almost zero baking skills, and looks and tastes amazing.
- Pastry for double pie crust 9″ (I buy the Pillsbury 2 pack)
- 1 cup sugar (1 1/4 cup for sour cherries)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 cups fresh cherries (washed and pitted)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix ingredients for filling. I like to put everything into a big freezer bag and shake it up so all of the cherries are evenly coated
- Place one crust in un-greased 9″ pie plate and spoon cherry mixture into the pie crust
- Place second crust over filling. If you want to get fun and creative, try cutting out the Dark Phoenix symbol onto your top crust or come up with another fun, nerdy design for you pie.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, let cool, and then enjoy
I absolutely love Sophie Turner and can’t wait to see how she does in this darker role. Are you excited to see the new Dark Phoenix movie?