Last week was crazy for us. After getting through Hurricane Irma we had a lot of downtime because school was cancelled all week. In my house, downtime means craft time and there’s no better craft than a nerdy craft. With Halloween coming up soon and the LEGO Ninjago movie releasing this Friday, the kiddo and I thought it would be fun to create these cool DIY masks. They’re perfect for trick-or-treating, birthday party goodies, or just fighting off your neighborhood bad guys.
DIY Lego Ninjago Masks
- Colored felt (1 sheet for each color mask, 1 yellow sheet makes 6 “faces”)
- Hot glue gun
- Elastic string
- Using template (it’s not a great template but it works) or free handing it, make a stencil of the colored mask par, yellow face section, and eyebrows.
- Cut out masks, face, and eyebrows and hot glue together
- Use scissors to poke a small hole on each side of the mask, insert the elastic string in the holes, and tie in a knot
- Put on your mask and get ready to battle Garmadon!
The kiddo and I had so much fun making these masks. It’s the perfect way to spend an afternoon and we made sure to go outside and have a few ninja battles of our own.
We are big fans of LEGO in our house and an even bigger fan of the movies. Our whole family loves sitting down to watch The LEGO Movie and LEGO Batman. We’re really excited to check out the newest LEGO movie this weekend, The LEGO NINJAGO Movie. If you haven’t seen the trailer yet, check it out here. I think this movie looks like it’s going to be funny with great storyline and we can’t wait to see it.
Are you planning to see the new LEGO NINJAGO movie? Which LEGO movie is your favorite?