This week Batman vs. Superman AND Wonder Woman (she totally should be in title) is out on Friday. Although these guys may have their names in the title, who doesn’t love Wonder Woman? She was first in the (not as long as I’d like it to be) line of female superhero characters. Frankly, seeing her in the trailer for the movie is the part that makes me most excited. If I had to pick between the two guys, I’m 100% Team Batman, but I’ll really be pulling for Wonder Woman to kick some serious booty. I put this tutorial together after my son’s superhero party and am finally sharing it with you – DIY Wonder Woman Accessories that can be made for $10 or less. They’re simple, cheap, and would make for the perfect accoutrement to your outfit when you see the new movie in theaters.
DIY Wonder Woman Accessories
- Glitter foam sheets – 1 red, 3 gold
- Gold ribbon
- 2 toilet paper tubes or 1 large paper towel one
- Hot glue gun
- Star stencil
1. Use a ruler to measure the length you’d like the crown to be. I went with 9″ long. Measure it out on the back of the gold glitter foam, then draw a line up the middle and draw the crown as shown. Cut out.
2. Trace your star shape onto the red glitter foam. I lucked out and had the perfect size star-shaped cookie cutter that was perfect for the job.
3. Hot glue the red start in the middle of the headband.
4. You have 2 ways to make his into an actual headband. What I did was staple a think elastic cord onto the edges of the headband so that the whole thing formed a circle. You can also staple or hot glue ribbon onto the edges and have it tie at the back of your head to keep the crown on.
5. Cut a line down the middle of the tube, lay it flat, and trace it onto the back of the gold glitter foam sheet. Cut it out a little wider than the lines so it completely covers the tube.
6. Cut out gold ribbon (make sure to get enough to be able to tie it around your wrist. Secure it with a dot of hot glue onto the back of the glitter foam, then glue the entire thing onto the cardboard tube. Make sure the the glitter side is facing out.
7. Cut two more stars from the red glitter foam and hot glue onto the wrist cuffs.
8. For the belt you need to use your own measurements here. Trace on the back of the gold glitter foam the peaked rectangular shape. It should cover most of the front portion of your waist. If you’re fairly thin, you can probably skip to step 10. Then cut out 2 rectangles from the gold glitter foam of the same width – these should be about 1/4 of your waste size in length.
9. Hot glue the long golden rectangles onto the back of the peaked belt center.
10. Measure how much ribbon you need to be able to comfortable tie the belt around you. Attach the ribbon with hot glue to the end of the belt and you’re done.
As you can see, the Wonder Woman accessories really made my outfit for my son’s party (was not donning the wrist cuffs since kids kept poking at them ha). I think I spent $7 on this and usually you can find a 40% off coupon for crafts stores – meaning it may cost you even less. I plan to rock this look again when we go see the movie later this week and I hope to see others dressed up as well.
Are you planning to see Batman vs. Superman? Who do you hope will win?