Hey, friends. I’m pretty excited the weekend is here. It’s my son’s Spring Break, so I’d be lying if I didn’t say I’m beyond ready to not have to parent for a few hours next week while he’s in school. In addition to school coming back, it’s Easter weekend and nothing is more fun than watching my Nugget hunt for eggs and scarfing down candy. Also, food and family.
It’s also that time again: 5 Fandom Friday. This week the theme is favorite places to get geeky stuff.
1. Etsy – What’s not to love about Etsy? Pretty much anything you could want is right there and it’s made by awesome people. Supporting small business and getting nerdy goods is a major win for me.
2. Jordandene – Her shirts are pretty much all I wear now. Sure I only own 3 of them, but these bad boys are in heavy rotation. I basically cannot wait to start working a bit so I can support my addiction to her store.
3. Think Geek – I’m really lucky in that I have an actual store front location only 15 minutes from my house. Their online store is all kinds of awesome, but it’s even more exciting to check out the products in person.
4. Hot Topic – They have alllllllllll kinds of nerd goodies that I can’t always find elsewhere. Sometimes I’m lucky and can get stuff pretty cheap because they run sales with some frequently. Their quality isn’t always the best, but I like that they have a pretty big variety of stuff.
5. Box Lunch – I actually just discovered this store in my mall and it’s fantastic. It’s broken into fandom sections and they have awesome shirts, pins, mugs, and pretty much all of the cool stuff one might want.
Bonus: Barnes and Noble – This is actually my favorite place to buy Funko Pops! from. I usually wait until I get a 10% off store coupon in my email making my Pops a whopping 8-ish dollars after tax. Plus they have comics, nerdy version of board games, and B&N exclusive Pops, so bonus points for that.
Where do you usually buy your geeky items from? Any good shops I should know about?