Last week the incredible sweet and always awesome Emma from Scruffy Little Nerd Herder nominated me for a Liebster Award. This award is basically a fun way to recognize new (or newish) bloggers. I’m excited to receive this and will be answering her 11 questions for me as well as 11 random tidbits of info about myself. Get ready kids, I’m about to hit you with some knowledge.
Emma’s Questions for Me
1. What are your top 5 favourite fandoms?
Harry Potter, Star Wars, Sherlock, Fables (comics), and basically the entire Marvel Universe
2. What would your Patronus be?
A cat – preferably a really fluffy one
3. What’s your favourite Pokemon?
Is it terrible to say Pikachu? I realize that’s probably such a standard answer, but he made me fall in love with the show when I was around 10 and hearing my son run around the house saying Pi-ka-chuuuuuu makes me love the little yellow guy even more.
4. Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
Autumn all the way. Even though we don’t even get that season here in Florida, really we get no true seasons, but I love the idea of picking apples and fall foliage.
5. Star Wars or Star Trek?
6. Who is your favourite superhero?
Although I’m really more of a Marvel girl, and tend to have a soft spot for villains, I really just love Batman.
7. If you were a superhero, what power would you have?
To be able to alter my form at will, kind of like Mystique, only with less blue.
8. How do you like your eggs?
Depends on the day – sometimes I like them scrambled with LOTS of cheese, other times I’ll do them sunny side up with hot sauce
9. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
Egypt hands down. I absolutely loved learning about Egypt as a child and looking through my grandmother’s photos from her visits there when she was young. I think I could die a happy lady if I ever got to see a pyramid up close. Greece comes in at a seriously close second though.
10. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
Sadly I’ve been many places in the world, but I really love Munich. The people there were nice, I had fun, good food, and would gladly travel there any day of the week.
11. Who is your geek icon?
I’m going to have to say Meli from Melificent is my Geek icon. I’ve been reading her blog for a while and she just seriously makes any geek lady proud. She has amazing style, almost always with a geeky twist, and she doesn’t seem to hide her passions. When I was afraid for so long to stick my toes into the water of the nerd life, seeing her blog made me less afraid of being rejected for my likes and gave me the push I needed to embrace it.
Random Facts About Me
1. I have lived in Florida my entire life. I grew up in Orlando, went to college in Gainesville, had a brief period in Melbourne after college, and now am back in Orlando.
2. I love roller coasters, but have to keep my eyes closed during the initial ascent because heights kinda freak me out.
3. I used to run, a lot. I did a half marathon 3 years ago but now can barely get a mile in without dying. Must. Keep. Running.
4. I met my husband at the very end of my first semester in college and we’ve been together ever since. We even got married (because I’m a total dork) on the date we met exactly 5 years later. In case you’re interested, Sat, Dec 13, 2003 was the day we met and we were married Sat, Dec 13, 2008.
5. I sometimes (read: almost all of the time) really REALLY want another baby, but I also really REALLY want to travel. The struggle to create another awesome life vs. being selfish is real in my head right now.
6. I was the lead in almost all of the school plays when I was in elementary school. I wanted to continue doing drama throughout middle and high school, but was too scared I’d get made fun of.
7. I LOVE to sing. A lot. To pretty much any song. It may or may not make my husband crazy that I seem to know the word to any song that comes on.
8. I love Disney way more now than I did as a kid. We’re total Disney junkies and were even before we had my son.
9. I changed my major about 4 or 5 times in college and finally settled on hospitality management, which I love. I’m a serious event planner at heart (if you haven’t seen my son’s latest birthday party – here you go) and I worked banquets and weddings before I became a stay at home mom.
10. I started an accelerated RN nursing program almost 3 years ago. I had to stop half way through because my financial aid ran out. I managed to convince both the college and the State Board of Nursing that I was worthy to sit for the LPN exam since I finished half the program and now I’m a licensed healthcare professional woo hoo!
11. I’m slightly scared of the dark. Not so much being in the dark, but if I have to walk through it. I also still think there are monsters under the bed that will eat my feet if I don’t keep them covered at night 🙂
There you have it – random Danielle facts. I hope you enjoyed getting to learn a little more about me.
What’s one random fact about you?