You guys – Gotham is back tonight! I absolutely love Gotham. Hubs and I decided to watch it on a whim (because even though I’m a Marvel girl, I’ll always love Batman) and we fell in love with the show. I know a lot of people have issues with it since there are many things that seem to be different from canon stuff, but to us it’s just so good.
So tonight is the Season 2 Mid-Series premiere where we will finally get to meet Mr Freeze. I will admit that when I think of Mr Freeze I 100% think of Arnold Schwarzenegger in his role …and more specifically all of his terrible puns. Also, am I the only one that was madly in love with Chris O’Donnell when he was Robin? No? Good 🙂
I’m really excited to see where they take this character in Gotham. So far, I’ve really enjoyed the villains and what they’ve done with them. I was disappointed we didn’t get to see Jerome become The Joker since he was obviously perfect for that, however everything related to Penguin is all I could want from this show. To celebrate meeting the newest Mr Freeze, I’ve made a delicious (seriously, you have to try this) Mr Freeze cocktail to enjoy while watching the premier tonight.
This drink is seriously crazy good. I could easily have a whole pitcher to myself. I’m so excited to share this with you guys and if you booze, definitely give this a try.
The Mr Freeze Cocktail
- Simple syrup or light corn syrup (to rim the glass)
- Shredded coconut (to rim the glass)
- 6 cups ice
- 1/2 cup vanilla vodka (could also use plain vodka or rum)
- 1/2 cup blue curaçao
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Rim the glasses first. Pour some simple syrup or corn syrup and the shredded coconut onto separate plates. Dip the rim of the glasses in the syrup first, followed by the coconut.
- Place the ice, vodka, blue curacao, pineapple juice, and coconut cream into a blender until desired consistency is reached. Pour into glasses and serve.
- Can also make on the rocks by pouring ingredients into a shaker and serving over ice.
Are you planning to watch the Gotham mid-season premiere tonight? Who’s your favorite character on the show?