Ohhhhh it feels good to be back. I had zero intentions of taking a blog hiatus, but with preschooler home all summer, blogging ended up taking a back seat. We had busy summer full of swimming, Disney, and trips to almost anywhere in the Orlando-area that involved air-conditioning. I think we’re both a little relieved that school is back – he gets to learn and do cool things at school and I get a little me time to decompress.
While I was away, I was nominated for 3 blog awards! I figured I should combine all of the questions from them into one post so everyone can get a chance to get to know me a little better. I realize I’m also supposed to do some blog nominations along with the awards, but I’ve honestly not had a lot of time to read blogs either this summer, so I’ll just stick to answer the questions since I feel so out of the blogging loop.
My first (and third) nomination comes from the awesome dePepi.
From her Leibster Award post:
- Which is your childhood favorite sweet? Ice cream was (and is still) my all time favorite sweet.
- What Superhero are you? (Or would like to be?) Batgirl
- Do you collect anything geeky? What? I recently just started collecting Funko Pops! My son and I now both own some and I seriously cannot wait to get more. I also have a serious Alice in Wonderland collection.
- Which Potter character do you think defines you the most? Harry Potter – as I like to do things my own way and am loyal to those I care about 🙂
- What is your favorite Superhero movie quote? Groot: I am Groot.
Peter Quill: Well that’s just as fascinating as the first 89 times you told me that. What is wrong with Giving Tree here?
Rocket Raccoon: Well he don’t know talkin’ good like me and you, so his vocabulistics is limited to “I” and “am” and “Groot,” exclusively in that order.
Peter Quill: Well I tell you what, that’s gonna wear real thin, real fast, bud.
- Which is your favorite comic/manga? Why? Fables – it’s the only one I’ve read & I’m obsessed! All the fairy tale characters together and living in the “mundane” world makes for a fantastically fun read.
- That time when you where the only geek in the room. How did you notice it? I’m not sure this has ever happened since I’m new to embracing the geekiness and all 🙂
- What book can describe best your childhood? Not really sure, but I read a lot and had a fun childhood.
- Which is your favorite cocktail? (You can add the recipe). Vodka & club soda with lime is my tried and true drink
- Which is your favorite Middle Earth folk? The Elves
- How many geek tees do you own? Which is your favorite one? 3 – I have a Vote Smuggler, Shoot First shirt with Han Solo and Malcolm Reynolds that I LOVE. Considering a 2 months ago when I was nominated I had zero shirts, I say this is a big improvement.
Ten fun facts about me:
- I used to be a runner. My friends that read this will already know this, but new blogger friends probably won’t. I did the Disney Princess Half Marathon in 2013 and it was an amazing experience. I sort of fell out of love with running after that, but I hope to someday enjoy it again.
- I’m irrationally afraid of grasshoppers. Those giant yellow/black/green ones make my skin crawl and even just thinking about them now is giving me the creeps.
- I am a true lover of love. Give me any love story, even if it’s considered terrible (looking at you Twilight and 50 Shades), and I will probably still swoon and feel all warm and mushy inside.
- I like to draw. I took drawing classes in high school and used to be pretty decent. I’m hoping to find some time to get back to it again.
- Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. And by breakfast, I mean waffles, French toast, or pancakes – the sweet, sweet, good stuff. While I don’t eat them everyday, I’d love to. I truly believe there is no sadness that cannot be cured by breakfast food (thanks, Ron Swanson).
- I was in a sorority in college. I know some people think sororities can be shallow (and some can), but I learned a lot and made some amazing friends/sisters while there. I’m really hoping to get more involved as an alum, as I’ve really been slacking on that.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday. Although I live in Florida and we don’t get a true fall, the tiny bit of crisp we get in the air is amazing. Not to mention I love dressing up and being someone else for an evening…and small children dressed up is also terribly cute.
- I love number patterns or cool dates. I always look for sequences in numbers, not because I think it necessarily means something, but I just like it. I love that my birthday is 3/3 and Hubby’s is 6/6 🙂
- I am very talkative once I know you, but otherwise I can be quite shy and can get social anxiety. I guess I’m an outgoing introvert.
- I would LOVE to do burlesque one day. We have an awesome troop that we see frequently here and, to me, I just think it’s so empowering and badass.
Hope you guys enjoyed getting to know me a little more and I promise I’ll be back to regularly scheduled blogging 🙂